Friday, August 3, 2012

Right Now #5: The Killers

this will probably be my last Right Now for a while but here we go.

I'll start off by saying I love me some Vegas-rockers, also known as The Killers. These guys have been in my life since 2010 when I barely missed seeing them live here in Atlanta. But I'm ultra excited to see them on their upcoming tour........whenever they release some tour dates. Today I'll just talk about their new material from the Battle Born era and what I think of it/expecting.

first here are my rankings for the new songs that have been played

1. Runaways
2. Flesh and Bone
3. Miss Atomic Bomb
4. The Rising Tide
5. From Here On Out

1. Runaways - the first single from the album that now has a fantastic video to go with it. Fantastic song that just makes you excited when you hear it. The song has also sneaked it's way into my top 5 songs from the band and will probably just keep rising when the album comes out. My favorite of the song is definitely the chorus.

2. Flesh and Bone - it's hard to judge a song from live videos taking off a phone or camera but I can already tell this song will be an epic. I especially love Brandon's voice throughout the song, which isn't unusual. My favorite part of the song is the lyric "What are you afraid of? and what are you made of? FLESH AND BONE"

3. Miss Atomic Bomb - Do you remember Mr. Brightside. Well, supposedly this is the girl who broke his heart. I can't tell who's point of view it's from but this song is a great one. My favorite part has to be the lyric "Miss Atomic Bomb, making out we got the radio on. you're gonna miss me when I'm gone"

4. The Rising Tide - this song has been around since last year and I've loved it since I first heard it. I would really love to hear this one on Battle Born but last I heard it's on the border. Can't tell my favorite part yet because I really haven't heard it on the best quality.

5. From Here On Out - this is the one song I'm not thrilled about. I don't know what it is, the length? the beat? it just hasn't hit yet. Can't tell my favorite part yet but it looks like this one will be on Battle Born.

I'll end the post with a few pics










No comments:

Post a Comment