Friday, August 3, 2012

Right Now #4: Muse

Now I have to thank U2 for introducing me to this band. Before the show in Atlanta in 2009 where Muse opened for U2 I had never heard of the boys from the UK. Muse's big anthems and over the top music is what sold them for me. They remind me of a modern day Queen and their Olympic anthem show it. I don't believe they are quite at that level yet but they have a good chance to in the future.

As most Muse fans know they have pretty much have finished up the new album, The 2nd Law, and had scheduled to release it September 18th in the States. But with an announcement yesterday they have delayed the album with a release date of October 1st. Most likely because The Killers album was coming out that same week and the first of the three Green Day album's coming out the next week. I'm fine about the waiting actually. I think if the album came out the same week as the Killers new one, Battle Born, I wouldn't have listened to the Muse album as much because I would be trying to split my time between the albums.

But getting back to the new album I will spit my thoughts on the song Survival. Now Survival is tricky because I do not believe it would have been the first single or maybe not a single at all if the album came out before the Olympics. A lot of reviews have put the song down for having very simple, repetitive lyrics about


but what can you expect about a song written by the band for the London Olympics. You just have to sit back and appreciate this Queen-like anthem. Now the first single, Madness, is set to be released Monday August 20th and should be another great song from the band.

Another interesting thing is that the album includes two songs written by the band's bassist, Chris Wolstenholme, has written two songs about his issues with alcohol that are called Save Me and Liquid State. The cool thing is that he actually sings on these tracks.

I myself am hoping to hear the Dubstep-esque song from the album trailer, Unsustainable. I'm not a big fan of Dubstep but what I heard from the trailer is fantastic. Dubstep from a real band instead of from a computer.....Skrillex.

The album is set to be another great one and also with another great Muse album cover. Apparently, the band was inspired a lot by Dubstep in making this album because they wanted their crowd to react like a crowd a Dustep concert and jump around and party. Which shows in their album cover. The cover is very interesting because it is a brain, but not what we think of. It is actually the nerve pathways in the brain.

this is what the image of the brain is :


but this is a smaller image with what it will look like with the right back round and logos



No comments:

Post a Comment