Saturday, April 5, 2014

Well This Is Embarrassing

well I haven't posted in over a year, but I thought might as well now. A lot has happened since I posted. It's pretty funny that my last post was a countdown to seeing Springsteen in Jersey. Boy that was a great, but it feels like so damn long ago. Oh well, time to make up for lost time

I'll start off with posting my top albums of 2013

1. Paramore - Paramore
2. Arctic Monkeys - AM
3. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
4. Vessel - Twenty One Pilots
5. Kanye West - Yeezus
6. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe 
7. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
8. Childish Gambino - Because the Internet 
9. Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
10. Marshal Mathers LP 2 - Eminem
11. Bastille - Bad Blood
12. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
13. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
14. Queens of the Stone Age - ....Like Clockwork
15.Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob  
16. Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll
17. NIN - Hesistation Marks
18. Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull
19. Phoenix - Bankrupt!
20. Echosmith - Talking Dreams
21. Cage the Elephant - Melophobia 
22. The Strokes - Countdown Machine
23. Panic! at the Disco - Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!
24. Jake Bugg - Shangri La
25. Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends
26. The Neighbourhood - I Love you
27. So So Glos - Blowout
28. Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull
29. Haim - Days are Gone
30. Jay-Z - Magna Carta.....Holy Grail
31. Tyler the Creator - Wolf
32. The Weeknd - Kissland
33. Franz Ferdinand - Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Actions 
34. Jimmy Eat World - Damage 
35. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
36. Major Lazer - Free the Universe
37. Sigor Ros - Kveikur


and how about a list of the concerts I went to

Springsteen - Metlife Stadium 2012 
- I didn't make the pit, but I was about 5 rows from the back from it
Muse - Centennial Olympic Park April 2013
- about 40 rows back from the stage
The Killers - Alpharetta 2013
- AMAZING. My 3rd favorite concert ever. Front row on Dave's side.
Music Midtown 2013
- Better than my experience in 2011. Got to see Arctic Monkeys, Weezer, Queens of the Stone Age, The Neighbourhood, and Imagine Dragons. Left during RHCP
Paramore -  Duluth 2013
- AMAZING. First time seeing my 2nd favorite band. Traded my seat in for a GA ticket. Ended up 6 rows back on Jeremy's Side
PARAHOY!
- the greatest weekend of my life. About 7 rows back from Taylor the first show and front row on Taylor's side for the second show. Got to see more amazing bands like Tegan and Sara, mewithoutyou, Bad Rabbits, Shiny Toy Guns and the comedic stylings of Doug Benson

I have a few more set for this year
twenty one pilots 
- first show at the Tabernacle. 5 DAYS!!!!
Springsteen 
- a little disappointed with lawn seats at an amphitheater 
Arcade Fire 
- have lawn seats at the same amphitheater, but don't care as much about being as far back 
Monumentour (Paramore and Fall Out Boy)
- Have a lawn seat for now, but gonna give it to my dad and buy a GA ticket on stubhub. I can't be far back for this one!

And here are some albums I'm looking forward to
Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, COLDPLAY!!!!!!, Damon Albarn. I'm probably forgetting some but oh well. 

The only album that has a chance of being a top ten of this year so far is Supermodel by Foster the People. The four albums listed above are pretty much guaranteed top 10 based on past work. 

That's it for right now, probably gonna post my review of a recent concert(s). 

No comments:

Post a Comment