Saturday, May 3, 2014

Arcade Fire Review!

Me and my 5 other friends made the trek to Atlanta on Friday night to go see one of my favorite bands, Arcade Fire. We got to the venue at around 7:20, just before the first opening band. They were offering $10 to get off the lawn and onto the seats. I wanted to but everyone else said no  ::) but it turned out not to be a very big deal because I doubt all 6 of us could have gotten good seats together anyway. The first "band" got on at 7:30 and let me just say this. That had to be the worst music act I've ever seen in all my life and probably will ever see. I like some weird music, but the Tune-Yards were just the opitmy of bad, strange and annoying. Some their lyrics included "No water in the water fountain, no side in the sidewalk, no phone in the phone booth" ugh. Up next was the DJ "Kid Koala". This guy was AWESOME. He used actual vinyl, no headphones, and rocked it. The best part of his set was ending it with The Moon Song. So amazing.

Arcade Fire started off around 8:50 I think and ended at 10:50. Wasn't expecting them to play that long and was very, very happy they did. Here's the song by song

Reflektor - Really cool opening this one. The song is even more awesome live than on the record. 
Flashbulb Eyes - I might be one of the only people I know that like this song, but I thought it rocked live. 
Neighbourhood #3: Power Out - my favorite AF song is even more epic live. The extended outro was KILLER.
Rebellion (Lies) - another favorite from the first album. So great to hear all these songs live. One member ran off stage and into the lawn *couldn't even tell who* and we ran over and had a jumping circle around him. One of the highlights of the show. 
Joan of Arc - really happy to get this one. The My Body is a Cage outro was just epic. 
Get Right - YESSSSSSSSSSS. So happy they started to play this. So dissapiointed that this was left off the album. Such a killer track live. 
Month of May - One of the best songs on their worst album. So much going on with the screens and lights made this a sight to see
The Suburbs & The Suburbs Cont. - good song. Nothing really special to me live but it was solid.
Ready to Start - one of AF's few true rockers. pretty good live. 
We Exist - a pretty good dance-able track. Really enjoy it on the album and live
Neighbourhood #1: Tunnels - any track from the first album kills live. Really great to hear. 
Intervention - really happy to get this one too. The Antichrist Television Blues outro was also great
Haiti - great song live. A lot of people talking and leaving during this one  :P
Afterlife - my favorite song from Reflektor was awesome live. A top 3 moment of the show
It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) - didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did but this one was really good live. 
Sprawl ll (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - one of my least favorite AF songs. Didn't enjoy this one but my friends did  :P

The Fake Band "performed" Hey Ya! *which I called earlier that night!* and Tequila on stage stage leading into
Normal People - I consider this and Ready to Start the band's two main rockers. Very great live with a lot of jumping from the crowd.
Radio Free Europe - got a cover from R.E.M. that I was expecting last week with Bruce. 
Here Comes the Night Time - my second favorite song from Reflektor KILLLLLLSSSSS live. 
Wake Up - this has to go down as one of the best concert endings ever. I would never get tired of this song closing AF no matter how many times I'll see them. 

Highlights: Power Out, Afterlife, Here Comes the Night Time and Get Right. The Crowd *not as much weed as I thought  :P *, getting to see a member up close. 
Dissapointments - my friends knew only a few songs  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment